07 December, 2006

CHIPS On McGalliard

If only I were 18 again. Man, growing up when I did I missed all the good stuff. Like this.

MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) - Erik Estrada and other lesser celebrities have been sworn in as reserve officers of the city police department here, allowing them to carry badges and guns as part of a reality television series.


Let us ponder this. First, how sad is it that there is someone considered a 'lesser celebrity' than Erik Estrada? Those poor people. In my personal mental ranking of celebrities I give even the Watson's Girl a spot above Estrada. Clearly these other 'stars' must be somewhere along the lines of people who have appeared in commercials for juice. Then again, as I reread that sentence there are no commas seperating 'lesser'. Maybe Estrada is sort of the ringleader for the Lesser Celebrities Club. Still sad, but maybe not AS much.

Moving along even further. Dudes. Muncie. Muncie, Indiana. What is there to police? The biggest action comes from lost out-of-towners looking to buy shirts that say Ball State.

I went to college a few miles away. Muncie was the Big City. Sigh, if only I were there now--perhaps Erik Estrada and some guy from an adult diaper ad could arrest me for speeding on the way to the allnight pancake joint.

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Pink Kitty said...

Oh Kat... you slay me.

HAHA

 
At 7:50 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Sonia said...

I had the biggest crush on Erik Estrada when I was a kid. Who couldn't resist him in those tight pants?

 
At 9:35 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Kat, we've got to travel to Muncie and get in trouble!!! :D

 
At 9:36 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Erik could get me to go back to our alma mater! I'm not sure much else could!! Maybe promise of Ivanhoes would help, but that alone wouldn't get me there.

 
At 9:36 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger bridgett said...

Aw, Kat, you're selling Muncie short. I recently was in Muncie and can attest that there are now a ton of "Check into Cash" stores, a Ponderosa, AND a Fazoli's. It's a hoppin' metropolis -- six, seven gas stations, easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home