13 April, 2004

HellBoy Update

Well, we did it. We saw Hellboy. On Good Friday, nonetheless. I felt completely guilt-free, too. Nothing like a large Frozen Cherry Beverage to dull your sense of propriety.

In truth, the movie actually had a not-so-subtle Christian message. At one point the sub-hero tells HB, who has the image of a cross burned onto his hand from a rosary, that "[You] can make the choice to be good. Your father gave you that choice." Whoa. We can all triumph over our sin nature with the choice of the cross given to us by our Father. See. The PERFECT film for Good Friday.

Of course, once I found out that my parents and younger siblings went to The Passion of the Christ on Maundy Thursday the guilt kicked in again. I still tell myself that we both saw Passion films. Mine was just allegorical.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home