06 June, 2005

Just Don't Put the Ugly-Ass Stickers On The Boxes, Please

Intel Inside


SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - After touting its Macintosh computers as superior alternatives for more than 20 years, Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) said Monday that it plans to switch to the very Intel microprocessors that power machines designed to run Microsoft Windows.

The Very ONES!!!!! Heh heh heh! Yeah. The chip is the difference. I can't tell how many times I sit down at my iMac and just marvel at the chip. Never mind the interface. To be honest, one of the things I love about my Mac is that I don't have to sit around worrying about my chip. Dudes, I so don't care. Do I get BSOD? Never. Does my GUI look like it was designed by someone who got a C+ in Photoshop at Community College? No.


The long-rumored move is expected to help Apple compete better against Windows PCs in performance and - potentially - price, though analysts believe the headaches from the transition could further damage its slim 2.3 percent worldwide market share.

Yeah. That's right. Those of us who've been using Macs since the dawn of dirt are going to switch to Windows machines now. Because of their superior user interface. We've just been hanging on by a thread because we love the IBM chips.

It's also not clear whether the move might make Macs more vulnerable to attacks by viruses and other malware. To date, they've been mostly exempt.

Tell me, Mr. Jobs, have you stopped beating your wife? I mean, seriously, people.


Yes, I know that this is big news, and that there are possible compatibility issues, etc.. However, I've been using computers on various levels for the last 25 years. Patrick will say that I've drunk the Kool-Aid, but the fact of the matter is that a Mac is the most user-friendly computer out there, and I don't expect that will change.

There will always be people rooting for the demise of this paradigm, and I'm happy that today they have another pennant to wave in the "Apple Is Doomed" parade. I just don't think they'll ever reach their destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home