14 August, 2005

Justice & The Hatchet-Man

I like Chuck Colson. I really do. He has become a strong voice for Christianity in the modern world. I don't agree with everything he says, but I will defend his right to yadda-yadda-you know the rest.

He's part of the misbegotten rally going on today in the Sanctuary of Two Rivers Baptist Church. I'm not going because I believe it violates the sanctity of the house of God, and I'm not protesting on the grounds because I don't want to stand on McGavock Pike in 98-degree heat waving a homemade sign that makes me look like I failed basic Graphic Design and spend my free time growing hemp in the laundry room. I'm not cut out for on-site protesting.

I am, however, a big ol' glutton for punishment, and have been checking in on the live-blogging. While meta-blogging is equally silly in its own right (instead of looking like a hemp-grower, I look like a friendless drunk) I just had to point out a tiny thing to my primary reader. AKA my husband.

Ed at Captain's Quarters points out that Mr. Colson said:

3:14 - Chuck Colson says he can't understand why the New York Times considers this so controversial. All they want to see is justice, not money or power. The message of justice has always been central to Christianity. He said he thanks God that Martin Luther King fought for justice 40 years ago ...


All due respect to Chuck–I really do like him–he is on thin ice. Christianity is also about Grace. You know, the kind of Grace that happens when you only serve seven months of your one-to-three year sentence.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Have you read Phillip Gulley's book "If Grace is True..."

Great, great book.

 
At 8:09 AM, August 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home