12 August, 2005

Stagger Lee

From Mark Steyn:

My favourite moment in the Lord of the Rings movies isn’t actually in any of the movies, but in one of those ‘the making of’ documentaries that appears on the DVD. It’s the scene where Saruman gets stabbed by Grima Wormtongue, and Lee explains to director Peter Jackson that the backstabbing sound isn’t quite right, because in his days with British Intelligence during the war he used to sneak up and stab a lot of Germans in the back and it was more of a small gasp they made. Jackson backs away cautiously.

I love these guys who were in British Intel in WWII. Somerset Maugham, Christopher Lee...it's cool. Flamboyant art types make for the best Intel stories.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, August 12, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I think one of my favorite Easter Eggs is the hidden skit from teh MTV movie awards with Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar....

It's on the extended cut of Fellowship, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home