30 November, 2005

Ron Weasley And The Burning Bed

Yeah, I'm on a Harry Potter kick. This always happens after a read-through, because I've spent so much time with the books that I've got a bit of a firewhiskey hangover. I must have a lot in common with other readers, because discussion groups for the books are always booming. Sometimes they're fun. Other times they're a really bad idea.

Connie Lane points me to the latest strange piece of literary analysis for Potterphiles.

I am always amazed at the way the books act as a prism through which everyone sees a bit of themselves. That's probably a mark of good literature. But I really don't see Ron pulling an Ike Turner in Book 7.

LOST SPOILER UPDATE

Ron better not hook up with anybody Kate knows. That's for sure.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Hehe. Here is a brilliant response to that essay. My favorite part:

I am also trying to muster the courage to take on a work based on Dear Abby. I'm afraid that my academic preparation has only included exposures to researchers and clinical practitioners. I guess we all have to do the best we can with what we have.

I love snarky people so much!

 
At 5:55 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Prffft. Ron Weasley is about as much a wife beater as I am. If ANYONE was a spousal abuser, it's GOT to be Madame Maxine. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home