10 March, 2006

Fun Friday Facts

-->My Mom is 66 years old today. I would say something about getting her kicks at age 66, but if you know my mom, you'd know that "kicks" are just not her style. I owe her a longer post in her honour and that will be coming sometime. But right now I'm swamped with a sick husband, a downed tree, a broken frog and seven freelance jobs.

--> The frog in my profile is the one that broke. I actually cried about it, which makes me wonder if I'm 36 or 3 or 6. Who cries over a broken ceramic frog? Besides me, that is.

--> I have renamed my white dog. He is no longer "Quinn". He is now "The WindChicken", because he spent all day yesterday under my desk.

--> If you have dogs who are afraid of the high winds, it's probably not the best idea to collect windchimes.

--> By the way, I do collect windchimes. And my birthday is May 23rd. Hint.

--> At my house we call Food Lion "The Kitty Cat Store." My poor husband.

--> I did not go to the blogger meet up last night, even though I desperately wanted to. But see above for some of the reasons. The other reason is that I didn't think there was enough liquour in all the free world to help others overcome the pain of hearing my singing.

-->Weren't the Olympics on the air for 2 weeks? Couldn't they have made more brand new "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" episodes?

-->I may be the only one who thinks that the bill to outlaw sex toys in Nashville was cooked up by the local news media so that they could talk about "sex toys" and show "sex toys" on the evening news. Way to go, Channel 2, for the closeups of vibrator boxes! That's what I wanted to see during the final minutes of Invasion.

--> I hate that actress who played Zoe Bartlett and now plays the psycho pregger chick on Invasion.

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, March 10, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Jason Lee got chicken pox and they had to shut down Earl for a few weeks, thus delaying new episodes.

 
At 3:44 PM, March 10, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Was your power out for long? I thought of you when I saw on the news that the power was out in Hermitage. Then my own power went out for 4 hours. No more thinking of you. ;)

 
At 4:16 PM, March 10, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Awww. Thanks for thinking of me. I shouldn't tell you now that our power was only out for about three minutes.

But that was all it took to totally screw up Tim's email and put him in a foul mood for the rest of the night.


BOM--I've had it with TV stars getting sick. First Jason Bateman's throat polyps screw up AD and now this...Don't these people get that I need my escapism?

 
At 8:35 AM, March 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Quinn and your wind chimes. I'm kinda with him though because they vaguely freak me out at times. I think I've seen too many bad movies (read Twister) where windchimes were a sign of impending disaster.

I was really upset about Earl not being new, but that was one of the best episodes, and I didn't already have it on Tivo, but now it's Greendotted. Yay.

Remember, Drakkar Noir attracts Dobermans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home