07 December, 2006

If Only I Had Known This Ahead Of Time

I was tagged for this meme by Jeffraham. If I had been aware of that 30 minutes ago, I wouldn't have had to ramble on and on about Erik Estrada and Muncie. This whole must-write-at-least-once-a-day thing is so much easier when you're tagged for a meme.

[For the record, I like to steer clear of the obvious when hunting blogideas. That being said, you'll read no Pearl Harbor Day ramblings from me. ]

So here goes my Three Things

Scare me: Clowns; black ice; student nurses trying to put in an IV when I'm dehydrated

People who make me laugh: James Thurber; my husband; Rex L. Camino

I love: My dogs; the alphabet; libraries

I hate: People who see that the lane they're presently in is closed for construction in X feet, yet speed all the way past everyone doing the right thing and merge at the last minute; blow-in subscription cards in magazines; cheap yarn

I don't understand: String theory; time-travel paradoces; storehouse tithing

Things on my desk:Stuffed monkeys (6); stuffed pigs (2); lava lamp that needs a new bulb

I'm doing right now: Filling out this survey; bouncing my right leg out of habit; coughing up a lung

I want to do before I die: Finish my novel; be a parent; fully understand string theory

I can do: Knit; type; teach people to read

I can't do:Sing; drive long distances; see without STRONG glasses

I think you should listen to: Learning To Flinch by Warren Zevon; The New World Symphony by Dvorak; Bat Out Of Hell by Jim Steinman & Meat Loaf

You should NEVER listen to: Celebrity relationship advice; Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed; Starlight Express by Andrew Lloyd Weber

I'd like to learn: A better grasp on theoretical physics; Mandarin; how to rebuild an engine

Favorite foods: Cheese; asparagus; Cadbury Eggs

Beverages I drink regularly: Water; Boylan's Black Cherry Soda; Minute Maid Light Lemonade

Shows I watched as a kid: Happy Days; Laverne & Shirley; the network news

I guess that's it for me. And I think this time I'll actually tag some people. My three tags are:
Mari; saraclark and William Shatner's boy

6 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

great list :)

what's "storehouse tithing"?

 
At 9:21 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

String theory: just remember the answer is '42', the rest is all fluff.

I nervously bounce my leg. It annoys my wife to no end.

Mandarin? Wow.

Extra points if you remember what night of the week Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley came on. [sticks up one thumb] AAAAAAYYYYY!

 
At 9:31 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Tuesday. ;-p

Amy: Storehouse tithing is the teaching that all tithe should be given directly to the church, which will then distribute the monies as they see fit. Several denomination favour this.

 
At 9:47 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

So exactly how afraid of clowns are you? Is this a "creeps me out" thing, or a "leaves me sobbing in the corner" thing?

 
At 9:54 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Definitely a sobbing-in-the-corner thing. Definitely.

To me, clowns=death.

 
At 3:20 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

Y'all are welcome to play the random music game, too, if'n yer bored.
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home