07 July, 2005

I wander[ed] thro' each charter'd street

Bombs explode in London.

Explosions were reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square, near the British Museum.

Three of these stops–Edgeware, King's Cross, and Russell Square–are ones that I know well from my too-brief time over there. I am heartsick.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941, Harrow School

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, July 07, 2005, Blogger melusina said...

Too bad we can't make the whole world see things that way.

It helps put my mind in check, when I think "how much more of this can we bear?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home