09 August, 2005

Angelheaded Hipsters Are Annoying

I was born in 1970. I don't remember the year of my birth; my earliest memories are from 1971, inside a hospital crib recovering from a death that didn't take. Other memories are dim in scope but colourful in detail, with the clearest recollections from 1973 onward.

I am Generation-X, through and through. Much as I love the bare lyricism of Howl, I get tired of Boomer crap. I get tired of eating the leftovers from that drug-soaked, self-involved culture. I dread paying the Social Security for people who wanted to Drop Out during their turn at bat, but now expect the society they loathed to make good on a promise they themselves mocked. This blog strikes a wild chord in me. The
Boomers may have

burned cigarette holes in their arms protesting the narcotic tobacco haze of Capitalism

yet now they want us to pay for their burn treatment.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The older generation is bringing this country to a galloping ruin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home