04 August, 2005

Hot August Days: August 5


I was talking to Tom on the phone. I told him that I had to think of something that made me happy for my blog. I did not say it in a happy voice. I've had a long day. After I hung up I went to iTunes to browse the music store.

I'm happy now.

Why?

This album is on iTunes, baby.

You can front all you want about how they suck. Their music is for wimps, etc. But I challenge anyone who was a teenager in the 80s to not feel their heart rise above a bad algebra grade when those piano chords come crashing into "Don't Stop Believing". Come on, admit it. When you broke up with that Sophomore Year boyfriend, didn't you play "Seperate Ways" over and over and over? Yes. You did.

You also dedicated "Open Arms" to the next guy....

Yeah, Journey makes me happy. If only because I'm glad as heck that I'm not 16 anymore.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

*sigh* I love that album, and I don't think there's a single song on it that I don't like. Great music for driving around in the summer with the windows rolled down and the radio blasting.

Ahem. Anyway...

 
At 8:58 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Hey...I missed your comment a while back on the RSJ concert....

Did I already miss it?

E-mail me if you want...bigorangemichael@gmail.com

Thanks!

 
At 2:05 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Lu said...

oooooh, yeah. That'll make any of us 80s kids happy! Mmmmm... I'm gonna have to download that one too.

And yeah, I'm very glad I'm not 16 anymore either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home