26 September, 2005

Sharin' About Sharon: Vol. I

I told her that's what I'd call these posts. She didn't seem to love it, but what does she know? Girlfriend's trippin' on a morphine drip.

She's come out of surgery without any complications, which is a huge answer to all of the prayers floating in the blogosphere. The doctors didn't see any signs of cancer remaining and have sent the excised tissues to pathology to have the growths analyzed. The fact that she's been given a clean bill of health is just amazing.

They plan on keeping her for 3 or 4 more days. She's experiencing Hendrix and (hopefully) Terrapin Station as they were meant to be received--through the purple haze of the morphine drip.

My personal experience is that she'll remember nothing of it, but who knows?

Keep her in your prayers, and I'll keep you updated.

(That's not meant to be quid pro quo. I'll still update you ,even if you're not the praying sort. We're an equal-opportunity blabbermouth.)

5 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katherine -- I think I missed something. Were the growths malignant? Whatever they were, thank God the docs have given her such positive news. And thank you so much for keeping us updated!

 
At 9:30 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger gptenn said...

Thanks for being the "go to" person for Sharon. I'm relatively new to blogging and Sharon has been so very helpful. We share a common interest in Tony Garr's efforts with the Tennessee Health Care Campaign. I will be checking in frequently.
Best wishes,
GeoH
geotenncare.blogspot.com

 
At 11:43 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Glen said...

Thanks for the update Katherine.

 
At 12:34 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

Katherine -

Thank you for the updates.

Sharon and I agree on very little politically, but I have found her one of the most delightful and courteous liberals around, much less in the Blogosphere. My prayers are with her.

Cheers,

Rob

 
At 7:44 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

You know, I thought the Vols winning was the best news I'd heard all day yesterday....I was wrong..this is better news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home