10 January, 2006

Hello, My Name Is Kat And I'm Five Kinds Of Weird

I've been tagged by Big Orange Michael. Yay! I haven't been tagged in ages. It gives me more to write about. The other good thing about being tagged is that it means I get to tag Kleinheider. I love to pick on the ACKman. So let the self-referential games begin.

The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You have been tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

1. Always read the last page of every book first.

Listen, people. Life has enough surprises. I'll happily read your fiction work, but I have to at least know who's gonna make it to the last page. Now that most mysteries have a wrap-up chapter, you can even do this without spoiling the mystery for yourself. But I do that, too, nine times out of 10.

2. Always decide major decisions with the flip of a coin.

This way you can blame external forces for every bad choice you ever made. "Hey. It wasn't me. It was Abraham Lincoln."

3. Always read For Better Or For Worse before I do anything else in the morning.

No reason. It's just a funny strip.

4. Seldom wear pants around the house.

Pants are the enemies of free peoples everywhere. Oversize sweatshirts and underwear cover all the important stuff. I feel spritely when I'm hyper groundclad. What is pantsfree anyway? Nude is "skyclad", and shoeless is "groundclad". Would that make pantsless "treeclad"? Whatever. I'm not a Wiccan anyway, so I don't guess it matters.

5. Look up absolutely everything on Snopes.

I've been a denizen lurker of AFU since its inception. I don't believe a single darn thing anyone ever tells me anymore. It's the habit that I think most irritates my friends and family. They'll tell these great stories about this woman who was best friends with their neighbor lady and how she was given spider-egg laced bubble gum from a greedy chef at Neiman Marcus. Everyone else will ooh and ahh and comment on the prowess of the teller. It's up to me to say (as snottily as possible) "That's an Urban Legend." Really, it's both bitchy and evil. And I enjoy every last minute of it. Rave on, haters!

Those who are being tagged include my usual suspects:

Kleinheider; Patrick and/or Lydia; John H. (if he's back at last!);Connie Lane; and (Let's see if she'll do it...)Sharon Cobb. I love giving the serious polibloggers some inanity to brighten their day. Cause Lord knows there ain't nuthin inane about politics.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Thanks for playing. Glad you enjoyed it.

And I don't think there is anything wrong about reading For Better or Worse.

 
At 9:54 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Always read the last page of every book first.

Will you do this with the last Harry Potter book?

I actually do this quite frequently, too. I'm determined not to do it for the last HP book, but it may kill me.

 
At 10:12 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Will you do this with the last Harry Potter book?

Yeah. I most definitely will. In that case more than any other I can't stand to not know.

I just read the Tatler interview with JKR yesterday at HPANA. When she talked about "goodies and baddies dying" I just freaked. I can't stand to lose any of the trio. My silent prayer is gonna be please take Hagrid for the next year and a half.

If I read the last page first, then I'll read the rest of the book with my eyes open and my brain a bit more detached.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home