20 January, 2006

Jesus Mentioned

No. I'm not blogging about Kanye West again. I'm just making the subject line clear so those of you less enthralled with the topic can skip ahead to the next page.

Things have been difficult for awhile now, with Tim's company changing hands, my illness and the like. We have a great many blessings, but we've had an awful lot of trials over the last five or six weeks. Money has been tight, and our patience has grown really thin.

I know many people would attribute the recent good events to chance or fate. But the God I love deserves all the credit, and I'll gladly praise Him. On Wednesday the company's sale was official. On Thursday we got an unexpected refund from an old airline ticket. Today I got paid by a company for whom I understood the work to be wholly voluntary.

Life is like this for everyone, and God shows His love to all of us equally. I liken these types of things to the little cheery notes mothers sometimes put in your school lunch. You're already well-provided for, but the little bit of extra Grace is the most tangible flavour of love.

5 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

God really is good, even if he seems to wait until your patience is about to break to give you a bit of a leg up!

 
At 10:03 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Exador said...

What a great racket; when things go well, you get all the credit. When they go badly, either someone else gets the blame (satan), or you get the "God works in mysterious ways" card.

Whatever makes you feel better. To each his own faith.

 
At 11:27 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Lydia said...

God is so cool. I can't tell you the times since I quit my job that we had extra money just show up.

 
At 9:02 AM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

This entire past year has been like that for me. But for the grace of God go I......

 
At 7:16 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

Wow, you write so beautifully. I've been here (the blog) before, but this is the first time I've been compelled to comment. I've also been here (similar life circumstances) before and I completley understand. God is good and faithful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home