22 February, 2006

Heath Ledger's Gay Dog

So there I am, laying on the couch and hating the stomach flu and the Olympics. Why does all the good television have to be replaced by people shusshing down ice--especially during the week when I could use some distraction? But, since all the good TV has given up the ghost for the duration, I TiVo'd some junk. (Like I need to see Predator 2...again.)

And there, eight minutes into The 50 Best Chick Flicks, is an EXACT carbon copy of my gay dog on Heath Ledger's lap. Of course, I know this is a coincidence. Heath's public appearance with my Gay Dog's twin has no bearing on either his sexuality or his future Oscar hopes. (Heath's, not my dog. Quinn's Oscar is firmly locked in place. No one acts sadder when they don't get a bite of cheese.)

But let me just say this...I have no idea if that was his dog, or a prop dog or the dog of his girlfriend. I do know it was an old interview, back from when he was doing press for 10 Things I Hate About You. I also know that any search for Heath Ledger in Google is now leading to more colourful results than in years past. When you add in the word "dog" it becomes a land of XXX badness. So I have no way of discovering the rest of the story behind Heath's American Eskimo companion.

It's driving me nuts.


When will the Olympics be over? I didn't have this kind of difficulty with episodes of My Name Is Earl.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, March 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the dog was Lisa Zanes, she had a relationship with Heath in 1999 during the time of the interview. If you go to her website, LisaZane.com and click on link "movies" you will see her and an eskie on the beach, dog may be the same? He said the name of the bog was Bint in the interview, interesting that her publishing Co is called Bintar. Bint means young girl, daughter. Check post on Eskieboard forum.

 
At 3:54 AM, February 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got none just one word verification ricavi now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home