20 February, 2006

Sprite Is The World's Nastiest Beverage

Thursday morning my back hurt really bad. By Thursday night I couldn't move. I'd already put in a 70 hour week on a work project, so I assumed that I had just overdone it and would be fine after a couple of Aleve and a hot shower. I wasn't. By Friday I couldn't really move without help, but still tried to work and write. I didn't do either very well, plus I seemed to pass my funky disease onto Blogger.

Friday Night some friends asked us to go to dinner. Since we'd already cancelled on them once (last weekend when Tim was sick) I felt we should be sociable. Besides, they blow things up for a living. I make it a practice to not cross people who blow things up for a living. I was in pain the whole time, but managed to eat. I think almost passing out in their living room was a good sign that I needed to leave. So we left. The whole way home I was delirious. I kept thinking we were going to visit my family in Indiana, or that we were on a plane or that we were going to the hospital. I wish we had gone to the hospital. Instead, we just went home.

I proceeded to spend all night Friday complaining about how hot it was and making repeated trips to the bathroom. The food I ate did not remain inside my body for very long. Saturday was the church's dinner theatre, which I've missed every year for one reason or another. I was determined to not miss this year, but since I couldn't really make it from the bed to the bathroom (a distance of about 6.5 feet) I didn't think I should go sit at a table with a woman who had just given birth and two people who are very big on avoiding germs. I was a germ factory, a germ planet, a germ solar system. Thankfully my parents bought me a little DVD player and Tim bought me Grey's Anatomy Season 1 on DVD. I laid in bed and thanked God that at least I didn't have some kind of brain tumor. Or did I? I mean, I couldn't walk, had persistant nausea accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting, and blurred vision. I just knew I had a brain tumor when they hit the "blurred vision" part. Then I realised that my glasses were broken.

Today I've been able to make it up and down the stairs (with Tim's kind help). During my various periods of lucidity I've watched the Arrested Development Season Finale again, the Grey's Anatomy Superbowl Episode again and a goodsized chunk of Revenge of The Sith. Trust me. ROTS is no better when you are delirious and sick.

Why am I even writing about this? I have no idea. Probably because I have 1/2 a can of Sprite I have to finish before I can go to sleep.

3 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are so sick. Is it another kidney stone? Are you going to the doctor? I'm worried about you. Thank goodness for Tim. Get to the hospital. Get better. I'm praying for you!

Oh, and by the way, Sprite is gross!

 
At 4:08 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I'll take your stomach problems and raise you some blood poisoning.

After my oral surgery Thursday, they told me I didn't need antibiotics. 12 hours later I couldn't stop shivering and my fever was 104. I didn't go to the ER because I really couldn't move, but I did have antibiotics from my infection after my surgery. I double dosed them, got sick to my tummy, but they seemed to work.
Well, this most recent experience was even more interesting than walking around with a hole in my stomach in October and November.
AAHHH...I just now remember why I am writing this. I started on Sprite when I needed surgery and have stayed on it since.

 
At 10:05 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Lydia said...

We missed you at dinner theater. I hope you are doing better. Yes, Sprite is nasty, and Patrick makes me drink it when I am sick because it has sugar. I hate non-diet cokes. Sprite reminds me of being in the hospital, being forced to drink it for an ultrasound, not being allowed to go to the bathroom until after the ultrasound... oh the joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home