22 February, 2006

Katylon 5

Rex L. Drugs tagged me for this. I love tagging. Except I've been afraid of this meme because of how dull it'll make me seme. Seem. Whatever.

What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago?

Working the 4:30-1:00am shift in Quality Control at a travel agency. This meant a lot of running the UNIX servers, handwriting backdated tickets to avoid the ARC penalty and other geekitude and law breaking. Not my favourite job, but certainly one of my best sources of personal anecdotes.

What Were You Doing 1 Year Ago?

Associate Brand Manager, Licensing and Catalog Coordinator. All fancy words that translate to "rolling a stone forever uphill while simultaneously earning just enough scratch to pay Charon's fee." I should also add that I was seriously contemplating quitting.

Five Snacks You Enjoy

1. Asparagus
2. Cadbury Eggs
3. Fresh Pineapple
4. Rolos
5. Red Vines

Five Songs To Which You Know All The Lyrics

1. The French Inhaler
("How you gonna make your way in the world/ When you weren't cut out for workin'?")

2. The Battle Hymn of The Republic
(seriously--best lyrics ever. "I've seen Him in the watchfires of a hund'red circling camps/ They have builded Him an altar in the eve'ning dews and damps")

3. Ya' Got Trouble
("Ragtime! Shameless Music! It'll grab your son--your daughter--in the arms of a jungle, animal instinct! Masstyria! Friends, the idle brain is the devil's playground....)

4. Desperadoes Under The Eaves
("And if California slides into the ocean/As the mystics and statistics say it will/ I predict this motel will be standing/ until I've paid my bill.")

5. Hallelujah
("And I'll stand before the Lord of Song/With nothing on my tongue/but "hallelujah!")


Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire
1. Pay off my house
2. Put in a pool
3. Provide for family members
4. Establish a foundation that would underwrite mothers who want to stay home to raise their children.
5. Diversify

Five Bad Habits
1. Procrastination
2. Cracking my knuckles
3. Worry
4. Leaving the bathroom fan on all night
5. Leaving the basement door open all night

Five Things You Like Doing
1. Writing
2. Reading
3. Knitting
4. Weight Training
5. Strategy Gaming

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
1. My Wedding Dress
2. Size 8 Jeans
3. My NBC Bank "Casual Day" shirt. What is "casual" about a stiff collared button-down shirt? Nothing. And it makes me look not heterosexual.
4. My Bob & Tom t-shirt. (I won it in a dance contest. And it's fugly.)
5. Any underwire lace bra. The underwire always pops out and gouges my mammarian flesh. That hurts.

Five Favourite Toys

Okay, I have the feeling this is one of those "Sex and the City" type questions, but I'm much more dull than all that.

1. My all-in-one-Needle sizer/guage counter/project length ruler. A handier piece of metal has not yet been invented.
2. My iPod
3. My iMac
4. My TiVos
5. My stuffed monkey collection

So who are my 5 victims?
Roger Abramson, Sharon Cobb, Pink Kitty,Fried Apple Blurbs and Jason Y.

None of these people will ever do this, of course, thus fulfilling my long-standing tradition of being the Tag Dead-Head.

5 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job! Was hoping someone would tag you. And no the 5 toys thing wasn't a SATC type question.

At least, no one that's done this answered it that way ;)

 
At 7:21 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knitted without one of those magical metal needle sizer/ruler, gage checker things for my first month of knitting--Theaded Bliss was out. I wanted one so bad I actually stepped foot in Michaels. It's so great the whole Michaels experience was able to fade in my merory rather quickly...

-Susan

 
At 8:14 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Oh, I am so gonna have to make you a stuffed monkey!!!

 
At 8:46 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Was hoping someone would tag you.

Secretely, so was I. ;=p I love to be tagged. It's like the SATs without all the future-depends-on-it garbage.

Muffy, did you start this one off? If so, great questions!

Knithead & Susan, I'm so glad you know what I was talking about with the guage thing. (Gauge? cannot spell that word...) I was afraid the entire world would just be lost. Now we just have to start a band so we can call it "Knithead & Susan"

Ivy, I will gladly take a stuffed monkey! I love monkeys. And since Tim won't let me have a live one, I'm stuck with stuffed. Not taxidermy stuffed. Just stuffed.

 
At 10:58 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger reader_iam said...

Please tell me you don't eat the asparagus and the Cadbury eggs at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home