11 March, 2006

Kill The Rednecks, But Buy My Record First

Bill Hobbs, NiT guest-blogger extraordinaire has brought an interesting news article to light. The Tennessean tells us that the Dixie Chicks are shopping their newest single to .... country music stations.

Convenient, seeing as how Miss Natalie said a few weeks ago that

"And I guess I was ignorant to the fact that the stereotypes behind country music were true — and it was disappointing. … So I'm pretty much done," she said. "They've shown their true colors. I like lots of country music, but as far as the industry and everything that happened ... I couldn't want to be farther away from that."


Fantastic. Allow me to translate:

"You all are stupid rednecks who wouldn't know your butt from a breadbasket--but don't worry. I'll still take your money. But you'll be too dumb to notice."

Maines further tells us that the new album was "total therapy." I gots news for ya, Nat. I don't pay to have people exorcise their demons on my dime. I pay to be entertained. I'm glad you feel better, but I won't be buying the new album. Coincidentally, the album is being released on my birthday. You all know what you don't have to buy me.

Oh, and ironically, I'd kinda forgotten about the whole Bush/Texas/London/Naked EW thing until they reminded me. They reminded me now. To sell a new record. I guess some of the cynics are right--this was about making money.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The content of your post speaks for itself. However, I had to say a big ol' thank you for the title reference! Now I'm gonna be laughing to myself all day.

Talk about songs that should be available on iTunes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home