Random Stuff I'd Like To Know
• How do I get the cool "What I'm reading/watching/viewing" sidebar thing? Is it a huge pain to update? Do I want people to know just how much of what I'm consuming is junk? Or will I lie and say that I'm reading deep stuff like The Confessions of St. Augustine?
• Had J.K. Rowling watched Babylon 5's two-part episode "War Without End" before writing Prisoner of Azkaban? Because they're eerily similar. Or maybe I'm nuts. I don't generally care for time-travel stories. They always seem to leave too many paradoxical loose ends.
• What is "the emergent church"? I see various people talk about it all the time, links to it on websites and such. I thought I had it down, but the more I read about it the more confused I am. There are some who think it's the greatest thing, and others who are calling it heretical. Anybody out there have any ideas?
• How can the library lose the copy of Patricia Cornwell's Predator I turned in last week? I know it's a bad book, but there is no way I'm gonna pay to replace it. The irony would be too sickening.
• Is it libel to say that Cornwell's last half-dozen books are crap?
• If you have a livid pink, viciously puckered C-section scar snaking across your abdomen, why would you wear hip-hugger jeans and a halter top in public?
• Do many people in Hermitage not realise that the shopping carts at Target are NOT trash bins? Every cart we tried to take yesterday had someone's leavings in it. Used napkins, tissues, food containers. It's like people are monkeys who can't fling their crap so they leave it in the bottom of the cart. Nasty.
• Whose bright idea was it to promote Botox® injections in the underarm to prevent profuse sweating? And even more strange, to promote this over the grocery store P.A. ? Normally you hear things like "Red Grapes are only 99cents a pound this week at Food Lion!" But not me. I heard an ad promoting the benefits of shooting food-poisoning poison in your pits. This is not the visual image I needed to encourage my food-buying. No impulse items on that trip.