24 June, 2006

Meat-Up

Knuck has created a monster. Tim, he of the clean plate and general neat-freakiness has fallen in love with Mothership BBQ. He insisted we go down there for lunch today, which also meant that I got to see everyone there for the NiT liveblogging as run by His Royal Funkiness.

Apparently a lot of older folks read the Tennessean and its food reviews, because they were coming in steady all afternoon. Kind of a nice dichotomy between wise-asses in their 30s and the elder statesmen of the city. Poor Sarcastro couldn't decide whether he fit with the wiseasses or the elderly.

Thank heaven John H. came out. I missed him when I spaced on the Mid-Tenn thing last weekend.

And of course the rest of the usual suspects (Aunt B., Chris Wage) were there as well. UPDATE: I'm awful. I totally forgot to add that Mark Rodgers came by as well. Mark briefly tilted the balance into the Right Wing's favour, only to have us lose it once he left and the Wage contingent arrived. Hey. At least the Left can outnumber the Right someplace.

Where were the rest of you people? Sista, I'm talkin' to YOU....

On an semirelated note, I'm beginning to enter my "pass the heavy drugs, please" phase, and so I'm wondering if I might end up missing Sunday School tomorrow. Which would probably be a good thing, seeing as how our Sunday School material went into great depth about Mother Theresa. It's best if I don't speak of my feelings about Mother Theresa. Especially during a time when I'm in a great deal of pain.

6 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger John H said...

I wasn't sure who I would see at the Mothership, but it was a pleasant surprise to see you and Tim holding court with Aunt B, Sarcasto and the rest.

I'll be going back to Mothership often, but I'm hoping the Hutchesons can do sushi with the Cobles soon.

 
At 8:22 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry Kat.

For the first time since before Mark I had to start taking motrin. I know that's really nothing, but we both know it's just a matter of time and today was just a warning.

 
At 2:02 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

I think Sista had a rough day. I'm sure she will be there in the future though:)

 
At 9:35 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

I was going to come out since there was not much sun yesterday (and I am committed to the swimming pool on weekends) but then all the dog stuff happened and we didn't feel like doing much. I am for sure going to be there Thursday and possibly another day this week...got some co workers wanting to take a stab.

 
At 8:46 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I'd've come out to the BBQ but I had no idea anyone was meeting up there...

 
At 9:50 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Actually, Michael,neither did I. I just happened to be reading NiT early Saturday, and Sarcastro mentioned that he was liveblogging there. I thought "oh well, Tim will be riding until 1 or so anyway." But turns out Tim had a) ridden a trail instead of road--which takes less time and b) been craving Mothership all during his ride.

So he came home and said "wasn't there a blogger meatup at Mothership today? Let's go" and I said "you're thinking of yesterday but that turned out to not really be a meatup, but Sarcastro's liveblogging today" and so he said 'do you want to go?". I said I hadn't thought we would because he wasn't due home until 12:30-1. He said "well I'm here now. Let's go."

So we did. And this was all decided at like 10:45.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home