29 August, 2006

Meme me me

Connie, the blogosphere's own Mary Tyler Moore--she lives in Minnesota--has tagged me for a meme. I haven't done a meme in ages! I love memes. And this one promises to be a good one. Here goes the Geneology Meme.

1. Which famous person would you most like to learn that you are descended from?

Without a doubt, Thomas Jefferson. The man was completely and utterly brilliant. To have even a watered-down version of his genes would be a remarkable thing.

2. Which famous person would you hate to learn that you are descended from?

This is a hard one, because there a quite a few despicable humans who've walked the planet. But I'd probably go with Josef Stalin.

3. If you could be ancestor to any living famous person, who would it be?

No thank you. I'll pass on this one. I'm a creature of my time, and far too entertwined with the here and now to want to be anywhere else. Being the parentage of a now-famous person would exile me to another era.

4. Which of your ancestors would you most like to meet?

My genetic grandmother on my father's side. I was never able to meet her, and I'd like to have a bit of sense about her contribution to the sauce of my goose.

5. Tag five people

Ivy (for her Parents Connect blog. It's about parenting...), Huck, cause I want to see what he'll say...Sarcastro, because I REALLY want to see what he'll say, especially now that he's a new stepparent. And anybody else who will play along. Usually no one responds to my tags. I'm the deadhead of memes.

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Connie said...

Mary Tyler Moore, huh? Would you believe I've never watched an episode of that show? Just call me Ms. Sheltered Life.

As for your comment:
"Usually no one responds to my tags. I'm the deadhead of memes."
I may give you a run for that title.

 
At 5:30 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Great minds definitely think alike! Thomas Jefferson... I greatly admire him.

 
At 8:39 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger John H said...

Dear Connie - do yourself a big favor and figure out a way to see the MTM show. It was one of the greatest sitcoms of all times, and totally loaded with great characters, chiefly, Ted Knight as Ted Baxter, the uber-Ron Burgandy.

I'd have to say it is in the top 5 sitcoms of all times.

 
At 11:13 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Sarcastro said...

1. It is part of Sarcastro family lore that we are descended from a bastard son of Aaron Burr. Confirmation of said bastardy would be most excellent.

On the other fronts, we are sewn up with an established McLeod lineage that gets us back to Rory Mor. Unfortunately, there are about 300,000 McLeod's between me and owning Castle Dunvegan. It would be nice to move to the head of that line.

On the Williams side, a distant cousin relationship with the Hank Williams branch of the family would be cool.

2. I'll go with Mao. Although, it would explain my affinity for Chinese food. That, and brainwashing children.

3. I'd want to be Bill Gates' tough-guy grandfather, who was still feared in the Gates family to this day. That way, when Bill is fixing to give away most of his dough to his foundation, I could say, "Hey, shitbird. Slide some cash to Grandpa or I'll pin your fucking ears back. I don't care how old I am or how rich you are, I can still whip your ass. You wouldn't be nearly so evil or rich if it wasn't for me cruelly teasing you for being a computer geek and not playing sports. You owe me, buster. I'm ninety-five and can STILL beat you like a runaway slave."

4. My great-grandparents on my father's side, Bert and Isabella McLeod. They came over on the boat from the Isles.

5. In order to solidify your position as the deadhead of memes, I refuse to pass this on.

 
At 1:00 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Connie said...

John H, I am going through a phase where I just don't seem to give a damn about tv. We have a couple of them, and I'll watch something if it's on anyway. But for the most part, I don't turn the tv on. My husband does, but he was out of town overnight for work last night, and the tv is just collecting dust awaiting his return. It's much quieter around here without it. Having said all that, I do think that one of our local channels (we only have rabbit ears and are quite content with that) does show MTM. I might consider possibly maybe looking in to that sometime in the future. Maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home