12 September, 2006

New Blogger, Or How I Fake Like I'm Cool

I am not cool. I am a fusty lady who lives in Hermitage and knits and talks to her dogs. I eat canned bean soup and TiVo Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Dan is cool. Dan and his wife just moved to East Nashville-->where all the cool people live. They love horror movies and Halloween and collect wines. Dan builds fixed-gear bikes (Fixies).

I've known Dan for a lot of years. He used to be a luthier for a local luthier employer. How cool is it to say "luthier"? I would have loved that job, just so I could tell people I was a "luthier". I like hanging out with Dan and his wife because they are great company, a lot of fun and make me feel like I move in an orbit of coolness. Visiting them is like dropping by the Cool Store to get a shot of hipster grooviness.

The one cool thing I've done (stretching the definition of "cool" here, by about 1000 times) is have a blog. That was the only area where I could possibly out hipster Dan.

Not any more. Now Dan has a blog. And wouldn't you know that his blog is cooler than mine?!? I talk about things like stuffed monkeys and old ladies with hats. Dan schedules cycle-beer runs.

So, anyway, check out East Side Cyclist, the blog of my (much cooler) friend.

6 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, September 12, 2006, Blogger John H said...

A: Your new blog format is WAAY cool
B: The fact that you write well is cool
C: Your part of town will soon have light rail service to downtown - (semi-cool)
D: You know lots of cool people (not referring to me, here), but I've seen your 'crowd'

so hey..it works for me.

Your bud's blog is cool as well..

 
At 12:07 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't nothing wrong with Law & Order. Any of them.

 
At 12:55 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger W said...

What's a luthier?

 
At 1:18 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Thanks, Hutch. I can't take credit for the format. When I decided that it was definitely autumnal enough for me to be tired of looking at the summer pool water, I was also tired enough to not want to design my own template. I gacked this from somewhere. Blogger Templates.blogspot.com I think.

b, I loves me some L&O. A lot. Drives the hubby bonkers.

w, a luthier is a craftsperson who makes stringed instruments.

 
At 10:15 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Well. Sometimes I'm premenstrual. I'm thinking about making a lute. (haha) (how uncool was that?!).

 
At 1:37 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I think you're cool.

And I really like your "gacked" template. Although that sounds like it was kind of painful to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home