01 February, 2007

Well, I Was Wrong About That: Harry Potter Release Date Set

I'm so disappointed they couldn't do 7/7/7. But July 21st is good, too.


Facts about July 21:

21 is 7x3, so I guess we've still got the "7" in there somewhere.

This is a week after the opening of the film. So to all who said they'd never open them close together, bah. Also "bah" to Hollywood for having to release the movie first. I go to the movies out of a sense of completeness. But I'm a book girl all the way.

As far as not choosing 7/7/7 because of the London bombings, there were also bombings on 7/21, so I guess that theory is out.

7/21 is the date of Neil Armstrong's moon landing. There are those out there who would say that was the first great moment in fiction for this day in history. They'd be freaky wrong, but the Harry Potter crowd is notorious for harbouring freaky-wrong people. (See Harry/Hermione shippers.)

7 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, dear, while you were wrong about the 7/7/07 release date, I think you were close enough that we'll give it to you. Unfortunately, I was right about them going for maximum Harry Potter Critical Mass by releasing the book and movie right on top of each other. It might not be the ideal for hardcore fans who would prefer to savor the two separately, but the back-to-back events should create enough of a juggernaut to insure that Mrs. Rowling won't have to worry about going hungry anytime soon.

Though it's still six months away, I recommend that you enjoy this time during which July 21st is known as the release date for the last Harry Potter book. 'Cause from July 22nd on it'll be known as the day that Harry Potter died!

(And yes, I plan on spending at least a few nights sleeping in the guest bedroom for that one...)

 
At 10:11 AM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Kat Coble said...

'Cause from July 22nd on it'll be known as the day that Harry Potter died!

Hah. Funny. You're cute.

Seriously don't believe that she'll kill him off, but I seriously do believe you better make up the bed in the guest bedroom.

 
At 1:18 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Well, but the July 7 bombings were a much more drastic event. The publishers probably would have gotten some heat for that, more so than with July 21st.

July 7 would have been more convenient for me, but I'm rather excited nonetheless. :P

 
At 1:38 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger melusina said...

Harry Potter dead! No way. Your hubby is mean.

I'm excited, but also sad. I can't believe there won't be any more.

Also, I'll have to make sure to avoid your blog until after we've gotten and read it, so I don't find out that Dumbledore died before I read it! =)

Honestly, though, I won't be looking at Daniel Radcliffe the same when I go see Phoenix, after those pictures...yowsa!

 
At 2:00 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

The 21st is also my birthday. I guess I know what I'm getting.

 
At 10:01 PM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to pre-order on BN.com. Should I plunk down forty bucks for the deluxe edition or not? Help please.

 
At 10:31 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Kat Coble said...

????

So you aren't gonna get it at a party with us?

Okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home