18 August, 2005

Nun Protests Filming In Church

Kathy Shaidle links to this story about a nun protesting the filming of scenes from The DaVinci Code.

Her objection?
'I know the bishop and dean argue it is fiction - and it might even be brilliant fiction - but it is against the very essence of what we believe.'


The Bishop's response?
'We are not often given an opportunity to enter such an arena, and this was an opportunity we needed to take in order to preach the Gospel.


I'm still not quite sure exactly how they intend to do that. Maybe the bishop will stand in the background with a "John 3:16" poster.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:40 PM, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just picked up the DaVinci Code at the library and started reading it Wednesday.

I haven't gotten that far. It's pretty boring to me. Since I was raised protestant, I always thought that a lot of what qualified as Catholic doctrine was weird, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I want to state that I may not continue reading this. Not because it will offend my values, but because I'll now have to picture Tom Hanks as the lead. Eeew.

 
At 11:29 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I would have let you have my copy. You should ask me for any books you want. Chances are I'll have it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home