20 October, 2005

It Sounds Dirty But Isn't

If you're interested, Big Orange Michael delivers me a sound oral fisking for my opinions on Lost.


For the record, I'm counting Night Stalker, Medium, The Ghost Whisperer, Invasion, Threshold and Surface as Lost spinoffs. Not techinically spinoffs, yes. But they are jumping on the Wierd Is Cool bandwagon.

And I still don't think Lost started weird, Michael. I think The Sixth Sense and The Others, combined with Harry Potter were the gateway to "weird" in our current pop culture.


And could I italicise more?!?

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

See, for me a spin-off is something like Angel is to Buffy.

I see these shows as bandwagon jumping--weird, wild stuff is the new buzz, so let's jump on board. I mean, in the day how many weird and creepy X-Files wannabes did we get? And that was just from Chris Carter...LOL

Nothing breeds success and copying like success...

 
At 7:15 AM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nightstalker was actually there first. Of course it didn't work that time..... The current Nightstalker is a remake of a show from (I think) the 70's.

W

 
At 8:36 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Yeah, but had it not been for Lost saying--wacky and paranormal is cool, I wonder how interested ABC would have been in NightStalker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home