13 November, 2005

Ah, If Only They Ate Bugs!

It's official. Fox has killed Arrested Development.

How?

1. Move it away from their strong comedy block on Sunday Nights, as the lead in for a serious drama.
2. Put it on a five-week hiatus for baseball.
3. Put it up against Monday Night Football.
4. Refuse to run anymore episodes during November Sweeps, and instead replace them with RERUNS of "Prison Break".

Why they didn't just beat this show to death with a pickaxe, I'll never know.

Oh well, on the upside, maybe this will free it up to be purchased by HBO, Showtime or another network where it can thrive. Perhaps they will hear my prayers, or at the very least read the letters I've sent.

In truth, I'm surprised it lasted this long on FOX. They have a habit of killing good tv. This is one show I'd gladly pay-per-view.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. Until I read it I had been able to maintain a fairly effective mix of denial and forgetfulness re: the show's untimely demise. Now I'm forced to face it and, I must say, I find it more than slightly depressing.

If you ask me, the executives in the programming department at Fox could use a visit from an analrapist.

 
At 1:14 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

And on HBO, imagine the language!

(probably somewhat like my verification word: "hknxbufm")

(which would make for a funny plot point... naming a character's baby after a word verification graphic they say.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home