18 December, 2005

Milestones

I spent the weekend laying (lying?) around on the couch or sitting at my desk. What social obligations I was able to maintain were done so under the haze of pain medication and with the everperesent groin-stabbing little elves carving at my guts with dull spoons.

Tim, on the other hand, achieved his yearlong goal. Sunday afternoon he hit 4,000 miles for the year. Yes. My husband has ridden his bike 4,000 miles in the year 2005. That's the equivalent of a drive from here to Ojibway, Manitoba. Okay. No it isn't. I made that up, because I went looking for stats on the 'net, and the only thing I found for "4,000 Miles" was some very confusing lyrics by Blackalicious. Frankly, those lyrics kinda scare me a little bit.

Even if the homey got the shot
Then there still be the bump knockin in your trunk
Get ya out your slump rockin it straight off the top
I'm cockin it like ingredients thrown hap-hazardly inside a
crockpot
With a magic sock schnapps a big ass book and some vodka
And pass it my way cause im a real big talker


I really have no idea what they're trying to say. I guess I have no idea what I'm trying to say, either. Except, of course,

Yay, TIM!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Congrats to Tim! I admire his dedication and strength. He looks fabulous, and I am fairly sure he feels so as well.

I hope you get to feeling better. It's okay to not (seemingly) be do anything. I don't know about you, but I get some of my best ideas when I am able to veg out and not think...then sudddenly something pops in my head and I have Act 2 of a script or whatever.

With you---Watching The Wheels Go Round and Round.

 
At 6:40 AM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

It is, however roughly here to San Diego and back.

It is farther than a round trip to Flin Flon, Manitoba.

And, it's actually very close to the equivalent of a one way ride from here to Anchorage, AK.

Of course, I did the last one this year. In reverse. (On a plane.)

Congratulations, Tim!

 
At 8:04 AM, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, Nashville to Anchorage... Sounds tempting!

 
At 1:26 PM, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, dear, it's "lying".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home