05 December, 2005

Who Are They, Really?

When I was eight my family booked a room at the local Holiday Inn so we could swim in the Holidome. Indoor pools are a prized commodity in Indiana winter. I was one of the annoying kids whose parents let them sit in the hot tub. I remember a group of adults all fawning over one guy, assaulting him with questions about his life. That guy was Charlie Daniels. That is the most intimate encounter I've ever had with a celebrity. Safe to say, my life is NOT Notting Hill (I love that movie!)

On the other hand, Sharon has lived among Them, and is full of interesting tales about her life and friendships with various celebrities. She has a great tribute to Pat Morita today that is worth a read. I wanted to say that she waxes on about Pat Morita, but I've been trying to avoid that joke. Apparently unsuccessfully. Come on. It was obvious. It was out there. It had to be said.

5 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Lee said...

I was once at a college party when the guys from Lit showed up after a concert.

I didn't get to talk to them though because they were too busy signing girls' boobs with magic marker.

 
At 2:52 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Sharon is sort of like Forrest Gump.

Sort of.

 
At 3:50 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger John H said...

Thanks to knowing Sharon, my '6 degrees' linkage to the stars has shortened considerably..

Cobb to Cobb to Coen Bros to Frances McDormand...golly gee

Cobb to Cobb to Ali

apropos of nothing in this post..i thought of you when I saw this link

 
At 3:39 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

LOL Rex...
If that came from ANYONE else but you, I'd be insulted. But coming from you, it's pretty funny, and somewhat true.
Wait until you read my book--then you can really call me Mrs. Gump.

Kat...Thanks for the link and post.
I wouldn't have posted it without your support.

John--Ali is the only person I was speechles around, unless you want to count the time I fainted standing up when I shook hands with Ringo. Other than a Beatle, I don't think anyone could rattle me.

 
At 5:01 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I certainly meant it as a compliment and was confident that you would take it as such, Sharon.

That should be one interesting book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home