23 February, 2006

New Flavours Of Pinko Commie Goodness

It is to my everlasting shame that I engage in the occasional missionary-eating. That's right. I buy Ben & Jerry's. Yes, I know they are flannel-clad communists bent on destroying our way of life, Sarcastro.. Yes, Hubby, I realise they burnt Bush in effigy. But I have decided that if I continue to purchase their product I will yet woo them to the glories of capitalism while at the same time enjoying delicious frozen treats. Hence the "missionary-eating." *** For those who didn't grow up in Campus Crusade/Youth-For-Christ culture, "missionary dating" refers to the act of a Christian dating a non-Christian. The rationale is that the Christian will convert their beloved (usually hot) non-believer amour. The reality is that the Christian usually ends up either pregnant or getting the non-Christian pregnant. Depending on the gender of the parties involved.***

I have decided that although it is extremely unlikely for me to turn Commie after a few pints of B&J, I still do wince at funding El Revolucion. Mildly. But not a lot.

As for the new flavours for 2006, I'm excited about some, less than thrilled about others. Beer Ice Cream? No thank you. Vanilla Ice Cream with Turtles and caramel swirl? Sign me up, Che.

6 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

So while they're dating is it a missionary position?

Come on...you really left that one wide open...

Just like she did...

::rimshot::

I'll be here allweek.

 
At 11:47 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Last I heard, no one gets pregnant with a rimshot.

***oh no I di'int!***

B.O.M.--I think you've spent too much time looking at the latest Maxim.

 
At 12:13 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

haha...missionary eating...nice :)

 
At 12:21 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Jasmine said...

I think that maybe Ben and Jerry sold Ben and Jerry. If that is so, then they have already discovered the glories of capitalism, and you can enjoy your corporate ice cream guilt-lessly.

 
At 3:01 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I believe friedApplePie is right, I remember reading somewhere that Ben & Jerry had sold their controlling interest(??) in the company for big bucks, but that they are still consultants or something like that. Eat away, Kat. I mean the "Power of One" maybe be compelling but with capitalism it's just a pipe dream.

 
At 3:27 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Now I won't have to sneak the pints into the cart while Tim is off looking at skim milk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home