Kat's Showtune Rules
Welcome to the first (and perhaps only) installment of Kat's Showtune Rules.
1. "Get Me To The Church On Time" and "With A Little Bit Of Luck" should not be sung without a Cockney accent. Bryn Terfel, I'm talking to you. Pull out the stopper/Let's have a whopper sounds really lame coming from an overly-dictioned operatic style baritone. It's like that Simpson's episode where they play "In A Gadda Da Vida" on the church organ.
2. Speaking of My Fair Lady, whoever sold "(Wouldn't It Be) Loverly" to some hotel chain should be shot. If I hear that chorus of idiots singing "All I want is a room somewhere/with a wetbar and wireless internet access" again, I'll be forced to lob hand grenades at the closest franchisee of said hotel chain.
3. As I gleefully announced at Rex's place, it is finally possible to get "They Call The Wind Maria" from iTunes. Why is the fire "Joe", anyway? Does that make sense? "Joe" is a friendly guy's name--the guy who will fix your tire. Fire is not that friendly.
4. Starlight Express may be the stupidest musical ever. But I would pay money to see the full version of Elephant!.
5. Repeat after me--"Colm Wilkinson can do no wrong"