31 March, 2006

Why The Ads?

I haven't ever had ads here, and hadn't planned on adding ads. Because, really, who is gonna see 'em? The same five people who have them on their own site.

But then Terry Heaton came up with this really cool Nashville RevShare ad campaign. I was signed on for that, but then I guess it's taken longer to hammer out than Terry expected. Which is fine--I am married to a man who has a similar job and I know all of the wrenches--monkey, Allen, whathaveyou--that get thrown into these types of things.

Then yesterday I saw that 2 Retire @ 50 was actually making money from AdSense. My next thought was "Why him and not me?", immediately followed by "I'll be eighteen cents richer than I was before!" So I signeded meself up. Of course, the ads are tailored to the content, which given my writing style means that the poor Google AdSense people are going to get whiplash trying to decide what to put up there.

As long as I get my eighteen cents, I'll be happy.

UPDATE II

Because NK freaked me out, I took down the picture of my account in a marginal effort to appease the PTB. We'll see if I avoid a C&D now.

9 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Nashville Knucklehead said...

I used to have a little comment in my sidebar that mentioned clicking on the ads. I got an email from Google that was basically a cease and desist. You can't mention the ads or point to them or anything. I was going to write a post about the email and its sillyness (I'm up to $10 so far. Woohoo.), but I figured that would make them mad again.

You'll be getting your letter soon.

 
At 7:57 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Lesley said...

I can't believe LiveJournal isn't all covered with ads. It's still just one notch above myspace!

I've thought about adding ads to aardmark (as I like to call it), but I'm trying to keep it as simple and on-topic as possible. And I only get about 35 visitors a day (and that's thanks to the Watson's Girl being pregnant.

(You can thank me later for increasing your hits with that comment :))

 
At 8:37 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Jon said...

It's one of those things where if you write enough interesting content, and you stick to it long enough, it will eventually pay off. I've been running FamilyResource.com for several years, and I do pretty well from Adsense and Amazon.com revenue.

 
At 10:15 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I'm not really in this gig for the dough, truth be told. So, as I've said before--any dough is gravy.

Although that really mixes the food metaphors a bit much.

 
At 10:57 PM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had those google ads on Nashville Truth from the get-go. They say they will cut you a check when you hit $10. I think I have finally crossed the $9 mark. Can't wait till I cash in that big 10 spot.

 
At 9:39 AM, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nashville is Talking ad network WILL happen. It's a matter of the station getting its ducks in a row first. I apologize for the delay, but when it does take place, it'll be easy enough for you to replace AdSense ads with these simply by swapping out the code. When? I don't know right now.

 
At 10:32 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey said...

Kat, i've been exploring the idea of putting some adds on my blog as well--but with the same hesitation. Who knows, maybe i'll put it on the second sidebar i'm gonna add soon. Maybe not. lol.

 
At 11:05 AM, January 29, 2009, Blogger relvis said...

Here is a great online dating site that is like match, myspace youtube and craigslist all in one, virtualdatespace.com

 
At 6:42 PM, January 25, 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

Its pretty tough to get rich with adsense, but its fun, and you do have a shot at obtaining a few bucks.

100% Free Online Dating

Omaha Computer Repair

My best friend

Paranormal

Free Wallpaper

MotionSentry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home