07 April, 2006

Fried Green Blogging

My sister came down from Ft. Wayne to spend her spring break resting, relaxing and restoring at my house. What follows are the observations she and I made, both independantly and jointly, about various things this week.

--Monster-In-Law may be the worst movie made in the last 10 years.
--Memoirs of A Geisha was a much better movie than book. We liked the movie, but neither of us "gets" the Geisha culture. You're not a prostitute if you're a geisha, even though you sell your virginity to the highest bidder. Also, I don't know what was in that snow cone the Chairman bought her, but it must have been something! She spent her life in love with the guy after that one dessert.
--The Kobe burger at Cheesecake Factory is worth every penny.
--As sexy as Rex Harrison is, I don't know if I'd fall in love with his ghost.
--Tim and I are too far off into all things related to Walt Disney World. Although I maintain there are a LOT of people who know what utilidors are.
--It's fantastic having a Panera Bread within 4 miles of our house.
--Tennessee is gorgeous in the spring, and has its own particular shade of green.
--The drive to Lieper's Fork is pretty, but Puckett's Grocery isn't as fantastic as my mom thinks it is. Then again, my mom has a lot more nostalgia from that era than do either B or I.
--My sister is the best sister in the world. She actually brought me an Easter basket with Peeps, Circus Peanuts, Jellybird Eggs, and A DOZEN CADBURY EGGS. I am a sucker for gift-baskets. The whole idea of decadent, glamourous little treats and trinkets all beautifully presented is my favourite present.

It was a good week and I hate to see her go. But I'll be glad to be able to dive back into my Babylon 5 DVDs.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Lesley said...

I didn't think that MIL was a bad movie. It's funny you mentioned it, because Ebert made mention of it being horrifyingly bad on his show this week.

Then again, I will probably enjoy anything with Michael Vaughn--I mean, Vartan in it.

 
At 10:22 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I didn't like Memoirs of a Geisha, I thought it was terribly slow and anti-climatic.

 
At 12:10 AM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Lesley,

I didn't think he was in it for more than 5 minutes. It was like he was just an excuse for J.Lo to flirt with J. Fo. What a piece of crap.

Malia,

I hear you. What's sad is that it was better than the book.

The thing about watching movies with your sister is that the level of snark & camaraderie make up for a certain amount of slowness...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home