04 April, 2006

Blogging For Katherine

Should I join the B4Bryson blog roundup? I've toyed with it, because I would really like to see a principled fiscal conservative unseat Bredesen. I happen to be an HMOphobe, and hate the idea of such a snake in charge of TennCare. When Republicans and other ostensible fiscally conservative wonks pushed Phil into office I was pissed. Bryson, while the underdog, is a much better prospect in my opinion.

But if the two-day AdSense debacle tells me anything, it's that I don't like to have constraints on my blogging. I don't like to think that I can't say exactly what I want because Google might send me a letter. Losing my freedom to blog as I please isn't worth the few pennies I'd get from the stupid ads that I can't even click on.

I sort of feel like the same thing would happen if I were firmly entrenched in the Blogging For Bryson camp. Yeah, I want the guy to win. But I also want to be able to say what I like about his policies and decisions without feeling like I'm "letting down the team". If I were in the group blog (not that they've even asked me) I don't think I would feel like Katherine anymore. I'd feel like Katherine (A Wholly-Owned Subsidiary Of The Campaign To Elect Bryson).

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Bill Hobbs said...

K-Co,

I'd love for you to post, even if you just posted excerpts to substantive things on your blog about Bryson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home