30 April, 2006

Sunday Afternoon Stuff

? I've switched to "Blogrolling" for my blogroll. It's supposed to be easier to add URLs. It is. I also like the "new post" flag. Unfortunately, this only seems to work on certain blogs. So I'm still stuck actually clicking through to others. It bothers me that they're all in alphanumeric order now. I had grown accustomed to the mishmash order of before. It was beautiful in its randomosity.

¶ It's cool if you feel you have to de-blogroll me because we don't agree on everything. I understand it. I, however, prefer to have all kinds of different people listed. Just like the Small World ride at Disney. (Click for Video! I love Ride-Through Video!) I'm sad that Wintermute thought I wouldn't blogroll him. Why not? I love lawyers. I'm the spawn of lawyers a lawyer (my mother is not a lawyer). If all the lawyers who've populated my gene pool had their way I'd also be a lawyer. But, alas. I'm too eccentric. If I were a lawyer I'd be one of the eccentric friends of the protagonist in a Grisham novel.

¶ Yes, Nashville Knucklehead, the Seifert's Potato Chip Factory is one of the hallmarks of Fort Wayne Field Trips. That and the Archway Cookie Factory. When I was a kid there was also the Eckrich Meat Factory--but they've gone out of business. Oddly enough, childhood obesity was not a problem in the 70s. Perhaps we ought to let young children see exactly how their food is made. That might convince them to eat less.

¶ I'm meeting Ivy for lunch tomorrow in an undisclosed location. But it's definitely not as trendoid as the places where Aunt B. meets her lunch people. I hope that Ivy can excuse the fact that my hair is not coloured. I mean, yes, it has a colour (brown). But that colour is liberally streaked with "silver". I've had "silver" hair since I was 17. I'm long past the point of colouring it. Except I should to make a good first impression. But I won't because I'd probably end up messing it up totally.

¶ So glad I didn't see United 93 in the theatre. Six Meat Buffet linked to some guy's review wherein he described another patron leaving to throw up. I am not keen on movies that induce vomiting. Come to think of it, I'm not that keen on anything that induces vomiting.

¶ Lee (Digital Nicotine) wrote a good piece on YA novels. I miss the YA novels of yore. Nowadays they're all boomshackalackamowmow.

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Lee said...

Yea, thanks for the plug. I replied to your comment.

It's weird that on this one I actually had a hard time putting into words my gut feeling on this.

 
At 6:08 PM, April 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might want the "Priority" option on Blogrolling. You can assign each blog a number through 100; and the blogs will be listed in order of priority. I'm tempted to use most recently updated.

Also, have you added the button in Links to bring up the blogroll window anywhere?

Rather than cruising blogs by clicking, try the Google Reader Beta linked to on my blog. To save you some copying and pasting, I'll send you my subscription file.

 
At 12:04 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

You can assign each blog a number through 100; and the blogs will be listed in order of priority.

No way am I doing that. Cause then people will be all like "why am I not your first priority?" and there will be hurt feelings.

Of course this is in the world where people give a rat's ass about being on my blogroll in the first place. ;-p

Seriously, I can't prioritise them at all because they're all different categories. Before I just threw people in where I happened to copy-paste a line. Now, I guess alphabetical makes as good a sense as anything.

Is the Google Reader an RSS? I'm boycotting RSS. It kills the surf spirit.

 
At 10:11 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger dolphin said...

There is also a "Random" setting. What might be fun is to set them via the different shapes and then just see how they come out.

By the way thanks for the add. I have you on mine because I think you write good stuff, not because I was trying to get you to add me. BUT I certainly don't mind being on your roll :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home