21 May, 2006

Bloggercue Part II: The People That You Meet Each Day

They say first impressions are something. Vital, important, whatever. I can't remember the exact phrase, but everyone seems to agree thay your first impression of someone is A Veddy Big Deal. Maybe that's why no one ever comes to Blogger Meet-Ups, because we're all like "my hair sucks today and I just had a fight with my bank teller and I so don't want anyone to see me like this."

That being said, I would like for you to "meet" the people I met yesterday.

Heather
Heather, like Exador, is one of our Bloggers-In-Law. She's technically from elsewhere, but we've all come to love her through one of our own. As luck would have it, her visit coincided with our event. She is tall with gorgeous auburn hair, sparking eyes and a welcoming smile. She has a strong air of self-assuredness and two wonderful little boys that are her pride and joy. Any woman who will travel hours in a car with two boys under the age of three has an inner fire that I completely envy.

Michelle
Michelle is one of those people that I want to take out for a beer. (I can't drink beer, but I'll get a coke...) She and I could sit and chew over ideas about politics and family and fun. She has an abundance of beautiful dark hair and a perpetually smiling face with intelligent eyes that make you feel like you're in on the joke called Life.

Kathy T.
Kathy sells real-estate in her real life, which means that she has found a way to put her sense of confidence and instant friendliness to good use. When she came into Ivy's house she brought a sort of openhearted helpfulness and kindness that was so utterly cool.

Malia
Malia is a lady. There is no other way to put it. Everything about her has a soft gentility, from her strawberry blond hair to her bright eyes and her soft, patient way of speaking. I felt a bit in awe of her graciousness, actually. But my favourite part was this little mischevious smile she'd get after copping to something. That was the jam center to the sugar cookie.

Rachel
I will swear right now that Rachel has the friendliest face that God ever gave a person. All of the parts come together in just the right way to make her really cute with the warmest, most welcoming smile. When most people think "librarian" I'm sure that the mental image they get is the exact opposite from the reality of Rachel.

Now, of course I think I've already told you about Ivy and Aunt B., so the impressions I have of them are second impressions. I will say that the things I noticed on repeat viewings were that Ivy has got some major creativity (Octopus bathroom) and Aunt B. has the most gorgeous blue eyes.

And that is the best I can do for you all without having taken any pictures.

9 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

One of these days, when I get the courage up to be lifted out of my house (by crane because I weigh 1000 lbs) I'll come to one of these if CeeeLCee and Knuckle-dude come.

 
At 3:15 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Hey, I weigh about 50,000 lbs. And I made it there just fine.

But I'm a bit insulted that the rest of us don't warrant your attention.

 
At 8:02 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Aunt B said...

Speaking of Knuck, my blue eyes weep in envy at his blue eyes. That man has the most gorgeous blue eyes ever.

 
At 10:24 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger ceeelcee said...

Sis-I will if you will.

Kat-It's 3:15. Get some sleep girl! You're getting older tomorrow.

B.-They're contacts.

I'm just jealous. I never heard back from Ivy when I asked her about the bloggerque, but I assumed she was just busy putting it all together. Maybe I'll make the Coble-que.

 
At 3:35 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

you are TOO kind!!

 
At 6:59 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you, Kat! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more. Good to finally meet you in person!

 
At 10:01 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, do I really strike you as self-assured? I find that very flattering, especially because I'm usually trying to keep my knees from knocking in public situations.

 
At 1:27 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Awwww.... now I'm all EMO on you. Weeping weeping (with joy). It really was quite nice meeting everyone. I still need to blogroll you on my mom2spoiledkids site. Soon. If I can every slow down. But being busy in real estate is a good thing. Commission only and all that nonsense. Sheesh.

BTW, the bloggercuettes were a very nice, interesting mix of good folks! Sistasmiff, if you weight 1000 pounds, we could see-saw together. Of course, the board may break in two, but I don't care if you don't (as long as I'm not on the "up" end!). haha. Be there next time!

 
At 1:28 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

And I'll learn how to s-p-e-l-l next time I post. Slooooow down. I don't want to mess up your blog with my sloppy typing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home