01 May, 2006

Shona Celidh!

....is pidgin Gaelic for "happy dance", which is what I'm doing now.

Earlier I received an email about the Ireland Gift Market show in New Jersey. For those not familiar with the concept of "market", it's where all of the vendors show their wares to retail buyers a season in advance. So, for next season's hottest jewelry/furniture/whathaveyou, you'd just have to go to Market to check out what the vendors have in store. (Ha!)

I'm a Celtic nut. (And I have a blog and I used to play D&D regularly. Make all the jokes you want....) And the thoughts of some of these new products are turning me kelly-green with longing.

Jewelry was abundant at the show, including a range of sterling silver and gold earrings, necklaces and bracelets from Solvar, featuring traditional Celtic and Irish design motifs.


For close looks at all the goodies, here are the links from the piece:

Celtic Jewelry: Solvar
Irish-inspired Jewelry:The Cat And The Moon
Celtic collectible pewter crafts: Mullingar Pewter
Not-cute (!) Blarney Figurines: Finnians
Blown-glass ornaments: Blarney Glass
Shamrock & Thistle handpainted scarves: Mulberry Silk
American Celt Copper Engravings: Dragon Fire

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger ceeelcee said...

You played D & D? I played "A D & D" myself...

Nerd snob humor. I kill me, sometimes...

CeeElCee
18 Charisma

 
At 8:53 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Okay, here's the part where I admit that, yes, I played "A" D&D, but I just always shorten it to "D&D" because, well, I guess I assume that anyone would just figure out that I'm cool that way. ;-p

Kat
18 Wisdom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home