03 July, 2006

Because TODAY Isn't Technically A Holiday

Yes, I should write something. This isn't a holiday in and of itself, although many people, Hubby included, are using today as one of those "bridge" vacation days where they spend one day to give themselves a four-day weekend. Gotta love it.

I'm supposed to be at the Superman movie, but I didn't get tickets in time, even though I was urged to. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am. (Some writer, huh? To say "words cannot describe". How lame!) Anyway, I'm drowning my sorrows in Sprite mixed with lemonade and a re-viewing of Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire. NERD!

Speaking of nerds, we dropped Stitch, my ailing iMac off at MacAuthority today to have the hard drive backed up, wiped and reinstalled. Lesson: Back up more frequently. Lesson Two: Kernal panics can ruin your directory files beyond repair. If you have Mac OS, keep a copy of DiskWarrior on hand to rebuild your directory after any kernal panics. Don't wait until it's too late. It'll cost you $85.

Oh, and if you were the only-child with a pierced lip behind me in the Service Queue at MacAuthority, may I ask for one tiny favour? PERSONAL SPACE, HONEY. Having you thisclose to my butt was kind of flattering, but didn't hurry me up any, and actually made me take my time a little bit more than I would have. Next time you need something, plan your time better.

I was able to drown my sorrows (partially) in a plate of Knuck's barbecue. And that is how I spent my non-holiday.

On a final note, I did get my E-vite to the WKRN blogger thing at Wolfie's. Am I the only one dying of curiousity about the Big Announcement? I hate surprises like this. I just hope they won't make the Big Announcement with a clown...

5 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Well I didn't get an invite to the big announcement thingie from Channel 2, but Michelle invited me so I'm crashing the party! Whee! I won't get too close to your butt if I see you there!

 
At 11:15 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

For me it's bunco vs. blog thingie and I think I'm committed to bunco (still awaiting a phone call to confirm) so I guess I'll have to miss the Big Announcement. Phooey.

Oh and I'm crushed. I don't post for 11 days and you don't miss me?? That's right Coble, I've been catchin' up on the blog reading.

;)

 
At 11:20 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I KNEW I should never have started on the "blogs I miss" thing.

Part of the people that I miss didn't even get mentioned because my computer was acting so funny that I didn't do all my normal blogging.

Kathy,
I'm glad you'll be there. In all honesty the invite said they knew they may have missed some people so everyone was to pass the word along.

I'm obviously quite bad about "passing the word along", especially since my Address Book is sitting in the Dead Zone at the back of the MacAuthority store.

So, bloggers, please come to this party. Especially those of you who work next door at the First Baptist Nashville.

 
At 11:38 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

Just messin' with you Kat! And it's getting near impossible to really catch up with 11 days worth of blogging, you multiple posters (like Aunt B. & our dear Sista) will have me up all night. I'm calling it quits and just accepting the fact that I lost a week and a half of my "blog life"!

 
At 10:38 AM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malia,

don't be mad at here. The whole "blogs I miss" thing was my fault. Seriously.

It's a long story, but her post was meant to help me out. Sorry. :(

Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home