29 June, 2006

Does Anybody Want A $2500 Paperweight?

You know it's bad if I get this mad at my Mac. Poor Stitch is sick. He has Kernel Panic and increasingly rapid intervals. I suspect bad RAM, but I don't even know if a bad RAM chip can cause KP.

It seems to happen most often when running Mac-Native software apps. (iTunes, Mail, Safari) I am beginning to suspect a bit of a hiccup in a foundational app like Quicktime.

But at the moment my powers of rational thought and logic (which one need for computer diagnostics) have flown out the window. I see a trip to the Genius Bar in my future.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Casey said...

Sorry to hear about your Mac woes Kat. Bad RAM can certainly cause kernel panics, random crashes and general unpleasentness.

New Egg is pretty reasonable when it comes to computer goodies such as ram.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=147

 
At 11:01 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

I have bad RAM issues too - on my ibook motherboard though... so no amount of New Egg goodness will help.

Kath, you're still under warranty, aren't you?

 
At 2:15 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I didn't think I was, but MacAuthority tells me that their 3rd Party RAM is blessed for life.

That has made me slightly happier than before.

I did read about your motherboard RAM issues. I have much pity for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home