29 June, 2006

Does Anybody Want A $2500 Paperweight?

You know it's bad if I get this mad at my Mac. Poor Stitch is sick. He has Kernel Panic and increasingly rapid intervals. I suspect bad RAM, but I don't even know if a bad RAM chip can cause KP.

It seems to happen most often when running Mac-Native software apps. (iTunes, Mail, Safari) I am beginning to suspect a bit of a hiccup in a foundational app like Quicktime.

But at the moment my powers of rational thought and logic (which one need for computer diagnostics) have flown out the window. I see a trip to the Genius Bar in my future.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

I have bad RAM issues too - on my ibook motherboard though... so no amount of New Egg goodness will help.

Kath, you're still under warranty, aren't you?

 
At 2:15 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I didn't think I was, but MacAuthority tells me that their 3rd Party RAM is blessed for life.

That has made me slightly happier than before.

I did read about your motherboard RAM issues. I have much pity for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home