12 July, 2006

Coffee Assortment

In lieu of a cup of coffee, I'm writing a brief post to wake myself up.

--Syd Barrett is dead. That means that people all over the world are going to say "Shine on, you crazy diamond" as a form of eulogy. I'm abstractly sad about Barrett's death, but the fact that I thought him already long-dead a la Bonham or Hendrix means that I was more shocked than saddened by his death.

The Pink Floyd-related death that hit me like a ton of bricks was Douglas Adams. I'd spent most of my life being an Adams fangeek and was really shaken by his death. But he did get to play with Floyd on his 42nd birthday.

--I'm still taking pictures for VBS. Tim looked at the pix from day one and said that he could tell I was nervous and shot my first few shots from the doorways. It's true. I am nervous. I'm straying outside my church comfort zone and it is just freaking my shy self OUT. I'm getting progressively less anxious. At this rate, the pictures from Friday should be perfect.

--Part of my Mac rehab was upgrading to Mac OS 10.4, which has the unfortunate side-effect of me becoming addicted to all the widgets. I now have a Chia Pet widget, a monorail widget, and most pointlessly a Disney trip countdown widget, which is counting down days to Halloween in lieu of my having a planned disney trip. Pathetic? Who,me?

4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

Just don't do like I did and delete 250 of them. I know you're too smart to do something like that.

 
At 1:48 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

Does the monorail widget actually do anything?

 
At 2:07 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Sista,
Fortunately, I'm not in charge of taking them OFF the camera. So the deleting is someone else's gig! Good thing, too.

Patrick,

You can change it's colours, but that's about it.

 
At 11:57 PM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a new version of the disney countdown widget at http://widget.radp.org/ - just thought you might like to know in case you get a trip planned soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home