21 September, 2006

A Few Random Thoughts

.....Blogger says there is a scheduled outage at 4PM. It then asks me to click to "learn more". What more is there to learn? The service will be out. At 4:00 pm.

....Is it just me or is it ironic that Wilford Brimley spent years advertising oatmeal and now is advertising diabetes supplies? The connection between a high-carb breakfast and insulin dependancy is not lost on me.

....Is Jericho the same show that we watched last year, when it was called Invasion?

....Note to Fox Broadcasting: After you cancelled Reunion abruptly and with no resolution, what makes you think I'm gonna watch Vanished?

....All the critics who have called House the best thing on TV apparently didn't receive their screener DVDs for The Wire.

....If I ever am in charge of a print magazine, please have me executed if I decide to put those silly cardboard pieces in between the pages.

....Man, Wilford Brimley sure is hanging in there for a good long spell. And he looks the same as he did in The Natural. Was he born an old man?

8 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Southern Girl said...

The first thing both my mother and I do when we get a new magazine is go through it and rip out those blasted cards. Who in the heck dreamed up those things?!

 
At 9:56 AM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanished is possibly the stupidest show on television. My husband started Tivoing it and we keep watching it, but it really is dumb and I'm finished with it now (after four episodes, I think). They had potential for it to be something good - a woman disappears, let's find her - but they keep adding in all these other twists and turns that don't make sense at all. Be glad you skipped it.

 
At 10:14 AM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with southern girl, it is impossible to look through a magazine when some cards fall out and some are attached and have to be ripped out. I'm telling you, it sure didn't used to be that way, we are so bombarded with advertisements, it takes the fun out of getting the magazine.

 
At 10:15 AM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

Oatmeal is the good kinda carbs cause it's high in fiber.

I think.

 
At 11:57 AM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I usually rip out all the cards. But the Fall TV Preview issue of Entertainment Weekly has several FULL page cards that I can't tear out without making the whole magazine fall apart at the seams. When you read EW like I do (i.e. in the bathroom) it's annoying to have it always fall open at the same article.

As for Vanished, we made it through two episodes. The fact that the FBI's elite Kidnapping squad refused to put a trap and trace on the emails of various family members of the missing woman was beyond ludicrous. And then nobody--nobody--on that show talks like real people. It was silly.

Sista, Oatmeal in and of itself is good. But if you eat it the way most people do (including the people I grew up with and am married to), the good "oatmeal" is topped with either brown sugar or maple syrup. Whammo! Extra glucose first thing in the morning! Which means more glucose craving all day.

 
At 3:21 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would call House the best thing on TV even if they hadn't seen The Wire? Same plot over and over, and no character growth.

 
At 3:25 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

nm, your question was very much like mine upon seeing the commercial. Only yours had no four letter words involved. ;-p

 
At 3:09 PM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

House is good but best on TV....no. And sorry but it's not The Wire either. The best show on TV is....Battlestar Galactica.

As for Vanished, I watched two episodes and got tired of it slapping my stupidity around....so I stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home