31 October, 2006

Dear Early Voters

You people are clogging up my library.

I realise that many of you think of the Hermitage Branch Library as a place on your way to Target and Kroger, nothing more. I realise that you think it's no big deal to fill THE ENTIRE PARKING LOT with your cars. I get that you're cool with lining up to choose from this year's paltry offerings.

But the library is my sanctuary. It's where I go to be among the books. If I were really fond of strangers I'd be hanging out at a bar or a Kroger.

Next vote let's save a few parking spaces close to the building for library patrons only, and let's NOT feel free to stand in the hallway on the way to the polls and talk loudly about politics.

5 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work at a different Nashville Public Library branch that was also an early voting location. If you want to find someone else as annoyed by early voters as you, just look to the staff.

 
At 11:46 AM, October 31, 2006, Blogger chez bez said...

I'm with ya. My sanctuary is clogged. Just a few more days though and it'll be all ours again. ;)

 
At 1:16 PM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can't think of any higher or better use of a building built and run with public funds than to be used by that same public participating in the most sacred of rights in a democracy.

Sorry the dual use thing isn't working out for you. If it came down to it though I'd have to support giving the librarians a holiday and just using it as a poling place for a few weeks.

 
At 2:47 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Well, at least they're out voting, right?

I'm trying to find a bright side here...

That said if someone for either camp stood between me and the new Stephen King book I've got on reserve, they'd totaly lose my vote. Yes, I am that shallow...

 
At 11:15 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Just Larry said...

Yeah, it's been a pain in Madison, too.

When I go to vote, there is always a line. It's nice to be able to grab a book from the stacks to kill time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home