31 October, 2006

Dear Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Chic, The Dave Clark Five, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, R.E.M., The Ronettes, Patti Smith, The Stooges, Joe Tex and Van Halen.


What's wrong with that list?

Who's missing?

That's right! You left off this man.

Rock and Roll has a few dark poets--Waits, Morrison--worthy of the Hall, but none of them can hold a candle to Zevon. I can understand how you may think a guy with one top ten hit doesn't rate, but there are few who made music that speaks as loudly.

6 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

AGREED!!!!

 
At 11:35 AM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict this nomination will be outstanding until he pays his bill.

 
At 11:40 AM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Lee said...

I suggest to fix this immediately that we send lawyers, guns, and money.

 
At 11:59 AM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

You people make me smile. ;-p

 
At 2:35 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

You must have been "A Certain Girl"

But I have "Bad Karma", so what do I know?

 
At 3:16 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger grandefille said...

I hear Roland's still available for small assignments ...

Thanks for the linky, Ms. C. And anonymous, since Warren's gone, will you marry me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home