04 October, 2006

My Relationship With Nip/Tuck

I have this really good friend who is very into Nip/Tuck, and she has invited me to their weekly viewing parties. However, I'd never seen the show, so I had to get caught up. I did this by renting the back episodes on Netflix and tivo'ing current episodes.

Yesterday I watched the first three episodes and then the "Shari Noble" story that ran last week.


*********SPOILERS*************

There are not words for how completely sicked out I was by the Melissa Gilbert storyline from last week. I seriously threw up after watching it. It involved a woman having sex with a dog. Can I just tell you that I think that is the most horrible thing? Maybe it's because I have two dogs. I know how innocent and trusting they are, and it seems like molesting them is the biggest betrayal of that trust.

And yes, I'm taking a silly TV show too seriously. But still. Ewwww. Gross.

And yes, Holland, if you read this, I will still be joining your group. But can we please not re-watch the Melissa Gilbert story. Please?

8 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Oh no you don't! I'm not going to watch any other shows you recommend because I already watch too much tv! :) BTW - I gave the DVD to my daughter who babysat for Ivy. Apparently, she didn't get it to Ivy. I'll give it back on Tuesday if you make it to the skating rink!

 
At 3:13 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nip & Tuck is sinful and those who watch in are going to hell!

 
At 3:16 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Okay, Gary. I'll keep that in mind next time I have a discussion with Christ about Grace.

Kathy T., no rush at all.

 
At 3:58 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Jamie said...

Oh man, when I told you it was dirty, I didn't realize how dirty it was about to get! (I haven't yet seen the dog story)

I'm glad you're watching it, though. Yet another shared addiction!

 
At 4:11 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger John H said...

hold the peanut butter, PLEASE!

I am a secret watcher, but I do have my limits..

 
At 9:56 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Nip/Tuck is one of those shows that you feel dirty for watching, but yet you can't look away....

It's like the solar eclipse of TV...

 
At 4:10 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Exador said...

Laura Ingalls nailed a dog!!

Good god. Is nothing sacred?
Michael Landon is spinning in his Highway to Heaven grave.

 
At 3:33 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I can't stand that show. It's so revolting and the writing is pure cheese. I think the writers are more concerned with pushing television taboos than actually creating rich characters. The doctors, themselves, are nothing more than Beverly Hills stereotypes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home