22 November, 2006

"It's What Losers Put Online For People To Read"

Ah, NCIS. How I've loved spending Tuesday nights with you. You've been one of those nice shows that allows me to ease into my twilight years without too much pain. Stick Mark Harmon in something and I'm liable to forgive a multitude of other sins.

I've sat by while you killed Kate. I've been patient while you dragged in the "Israeli" woman who speaks two trunkloads of languages fluently yet still manages to mess up one English idiom per week. Whenever this happens I'm reminded of Uma Thurman's vaudeville joke gimmick from "Fox Force Five". It's a throwback to the lame TV of the 70s. But I've still watched.

I've turned an almost-blind eye to the grosstastic relationship between Mark Harmon and Lauren Holly. And I've not said one word about how Lauren Holly looks like a monkey with lipstick ever since she cut her hair short for this season.

But you, my friends, have gone too far. Last night you insulted blogs, and by extension, bloggers. You act like there are not roughly 50 million of us. In fact, more people write blogs than watch your one-foot-in-the-social-security-line show. But you have to go and insult us through the mouth of a cheerleader.

Yes, I'm burning from the insult, but not too badly. I'm also excited about the personal connection I now have to your little police procedural. You see, until last night I had no idea that the staff of the Nashville Scene wrote for NCIS. Hey, Kay, can you get me Mark Harmon's autograph?

11 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger ceeelcee said...

I did like the "What's a clog?" line.

I'm sticking with NCIS. I guess I'm attracted to a room full of smart funny nerds swapping repartee. Hey, it sounds kinda like the folks I read and comment with.

C'mon Ren, it's like our own Peach Pit, remember?

 
At 9:57 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Oh, I'm sticking with it. Until they remove Mark Harmon, I'm in it no matter what.

But man, I gotta stick up for my hobbies.

 
At 10:00 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

;-p P.S. I thought Mothership was our Peach Pit...

 
At 10:42 AM, November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard that too .. and was like ... hellllloooo! Of course ... it was a loser who said it so -- ;)

*clogs*

~ Lacy

 
At 11:59 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

I absolutely HATE when a show I watch insults me. Of course, being a southern, Christian, caucasian, conservative male pretty much means it happens every day.

I had to quit Law and Order, after all those years, because I just got sick of it week after week.

Amazingly CSI (the MotherShow), has pretty much stayed from insults all these years. They even did the episodes on "Fuzzies", and "Chubby Chasers" a few years ago, with minimal judgementalism.

Never saw NCIS, but if it's a nerd-fest like the CSIs, I may have to give it a try.

 
At 2:19 PM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

It's time to break up with NCIS and start seeing Friday Night Lights....;)

 
At 2:21 PM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Hmmm. Science nerds or football....

Science nerds or football....

Sorry. I'm staying with NCIS

 
At 10:35 AM, November 23, 2006, Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

Geez, of all the thangs one could be offended by... lame-o TV programs don't even get on my radar.

Thick skin on your Christmas list to Santa, Kat. :)
.

 
At 3:22 PM, November 23, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

IIRC, wasn't the mean cheerleader type that said that though. And didn't it turn out that it was the cool McGee sister that was the blogger?

 
At 5:18 PM, November 23, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

FYI....this post was written tongue in cheek...

 
At 2:58 PM, November 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

"this post was written tongue in cheek..."

Whew...There for a minute I thought you had the mumps....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home