16 November, 2006

Unicorns And Rainbows II

:: My husband and I had a spontaneous lunch date at Sitar yesterday. The only thing better than Indian food on a rainy day is a life partner who also digs on Indian food on rainy days.

:: I have 2.3 hours of Christmas music on my iTunes, and am going to spring for the Celtic Woman Christmas, giving me more than 3 hours of Christmas music.

:: I am knee deep in a really kick-butt game of Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire.

:: I have a great afghan project that's really intricate and a lot of fun to work on, and I have a stack of great DVDs on their way from Netflix to knit by.

:: It's Christmas every place now. Even the little disposable storage dishes have Christmas motifs on them. Whether or not anyone says "Christmas" doesn't matter to me. Christmastime of year is Christmas in my heart and I appreciate my world putting on a bit of a show.

:: Tonight's episodes of My Name Is Earl and The Office are each running an extra 15 minutes. Woot!

:: I just said "Woot!" without feeling like too much of a fool.

7 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every rainy day needs unicorns and rainbows. Perhaps puppies. Indian food sounds mighty good right about now.

 
At 10:58 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Sonia said...

Ahh I can't wait to christmas shop, because I love walking thru the stores with christmas music blaring!

 
At 11:05 AM, November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're not vegetarian, but you should try Woodlands at 440/West End. The menu is huginormous. The buffet is small, but quite tasty and they bring these savory crepe things to the table (I don't know what they're called). Anyhoo, they have a lot of food that I've never seen at the other Indian restaurants.

 
At 12:04 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Actually, they only run ten more minutes than usual.

And this whole Super Sized episodes thing can be both a blessing and a curse.

 
At 12:16 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger grandefille said...

If grown women can go around wearing sweatshirts with jingle bells on their boobies this time of year, I see no reason whatsoever you should feel foolish for saying "Woot!" during the holidays. Or anytime, for that matter.

Indeed, I shall say it with you. WOOT!

(Disclaimer: I'm not judging the folks who wear festive holiday jingle-belled sweatshirts. I'm just suggesting that they use some discretion -- and maybe a needle and thread -- when determining where said jingle bells go. Ahem.)

 
At 1:35 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger View From The Lake said...

I love Sitar.

 
At 1:45 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

WOOT! (It's my husband's favorite word!)

I had a lunch date with my hubby too, today, got me a Mothership BBQ fix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home