04 January, 2007

Friday Night Lights Questions

For those of you who have joined me (or preceeded me) in watching Friday Night Lights, I have a few questions and comments.

1. Am I the only person who gets a little excited every time a show starts off with the "may not be appropriate for all viewers" warning? I just love knowing that we're about to get some sex and/or violence.

2. I thought they told Jason Street that it was not safe for him to ejaculate. Was that a temporary thing while he was healing?

3. I actually thought it was sweet for Lyla to bring the video over to Jason's. She is really serious about meeting him where he's at.

4. I first wondered upon seeing Episode one if Matt's last name was some type of ironic in-joke. Now, after this episode with his dad and his dad's convictions about staying in Iraq I'm almost sure of it. What better name for a soldier in the Middle East than Saracen. It could also have a double reference, referring to Matt's well-roundedness in football and studies.

5. Yes, nm, I agree with you. Landry is by far the best character. But I am eagerly awaiting the explaination for his insomnia. It was something he was clearly sensitive about in Episode One, yet hasn't been readdressed.

6. Did the writers of TV shows study any other books besides Of Mice And Men?

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Just Larry said...

Mrs. Fat and I just started watching (there was a marathon on Bravo).

I know how frisky I am now...so safe or not, there's some things 17 year old boys just won't sacrifice. Given a choice of course.

The veteran TV viewer in me believes this was done to deliberately set up late season health problems.

 
At 3:40 PM, January 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out last night -- I'll watch the show tonight -- where was your spoiler alert? (grumble, grumble)

As for Landry's insomnia, I thought it was just a toss-in thing to let us know that he's a bit nervous, but mostly to show that he wants an excuse to be driving his buddy to practice, 'cause he thinks he's too cool for football.

 
At 3:39 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

2. He's a teenage boy and I doubt he was recalling that moment in the heat of passion as it were. Plus I think we'd seen before that a desire to have parts of his old life back, no matter what the cost. Hence the four mile trek to the music store to buy a CD to replace one he couldn't find. Same thing with Lyla.

6. I'm guessing it's easy to do because it's short.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home