21 December, 2006

Christmas Tag Party

Tag party? Nothing like a key party, I promise you that.... Although wouldn't it be fun to have a blogger key party, except instead of going home with someone else's spouse you went home with someone else's blog post idea? Okay, maybe it wouldn't be fun, but it sounds like fun to me. Of course, my idea of fun often seems pretty lame.

I'm getting a little too vacation-y for deep thought, and I had been saving a lovely tag from Queen Sonia for just this moment in time. [Before I start I should admit that every time I've opened this blog I've looked at that MRI Sex picture and wondered where the people put their legs. If you can figure it out, let me know...]

Anyway, enough worries about missing legs...on to the tag:

Favorite Christmas Movie:

Can there be a tie? Because I like so many for so many different reasons. But I think I'll just go with A Christmas Story. It's a great movie, but the bonus reason I'll always love it is because Jean Shepherd, the author and narrator, was from Indiana. And that's an Indiana family if ever I saw one!

Favorite Christmas Song:

O Holy Night. I used to think the best version was by Larnelle Harris, but I am now revising my opinion. That brass ensemble's version from Studio 60 is excellent. Anyone with any computer can download it here, and it's not captive to any DRM, so it'll play on any player. Give it a llisten, if you get the chance.

Favorite Christmas cookie:

Sugar cookies with lots of frosting. The frosting's the thing to capture the conscience of the king. Or queen. Or me.

Favorite Christmas gift ever received:

My not-yet husband telling me that he loved me and wanted to get back together after we'd been "broken up" for 3 weeks.

Least favorite thing about Christmas:

When the tension of the holiday busy-ness makes people snap at each other over silly things.

Where would your perfect Christmas be:

Wherever my entire family can be together and happy.

Favorite part of Christmas:

Being with my family

Favorite Christmas Decoration you own:

The lights. I love Christmas lights so much that I have them strung on my desk all year. It's like a forest of stars. Then again, my vision isn't so great.

When do you put up the tree?:

We don't do a tree.

Do you wear "holiday" sweaters/sweatshirts/t shirts?:

I have a red chenille sweater that I wear quite a bit around the holidays but I have nothing "decorated". I really don't want to call too much attention to that part of my body.

And there it is....I'd tag some people, but I have a feeling I'm so late to this party that everyone will have already done it.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

you don't do a tree? why not, if I may be so nosy?

I've been lacking blog material lately. I'll have to sit down and join the tag party sometime today or tomorrow :)

 
At 11:14 AM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew that The Fabricator wasn't fake!!! Those bastards!

 
At 12:47 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Sonia said...

Will TBS doing their annual 24 hour marathon of "A Christmas Story" this year? Oh how I **heart** that movie.

Thanks for playing along :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home