01 February, 2007

Censorship Taken Too Far

So I was on the iTunes store looking to see if they had Rum Sodomy & The Lash because I'm in a Pogues mood and I haven't had a copy of that album since some townie kid took my cassette of it during open house in my freshman year. Or at least my roommate blamed the townie. She may have just destroyed it because she was strictly an Amy Grant fan who thought the Pogues were "icky".

So anyway, iTunes has the album.

But they list it as "Rum S******y & the Lash"

Really.

In a humourous turn of events, iTunes does NOT sensor the word "Bugger" which means exactly the same thing.

Go figure.

5 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want to burn a copy of mine? And by burn, I mean illegally copy. Not "burn" like your roommate did with your cassette.

 
At 10:27 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Ha! You know I think that's probably what happened to it.

Thanks, but I went ahead and p**d for it with m****y on iT***s. ;-p

 
At 11:41 PM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The church of Christ version would be 'cane, godless perversion and more cane', but either way, a damn fine set of songs. I love the solo from Elvis C's former wife (man you don't meet every day) and 'waltzing matilda'..shane mcgowan is a man you don't meet every day..his liver is going in a museum to be sure.

 
At 1:12 AM, February 02, 2007, Blogger chez bez said...

Reminds me of the time I was sharing an innocent anecdote with a coworker in which I surprisingly found myself to be a bit more "sexist" than I had previously thought me to be. Of course, the HR lady happened to walk by and about had a seizure.

And people wonder why I don't talk more.

 
At 8:57 AM, February 02, 2007, Blogger Malia said...

This post shows just how sheltered I am. 1) I have no idea who Rum Sodomy & The Lash is and 2) I had no idea that bugger means the same thing as sodomy.

Like they say...you learn something new everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home