06 February, 2007

The Kind Of Joke That Makes You Question Your Existence

Last night as I was eating my dinner, Quinn kept staring me down. I had a pastry-wrapped chicken dish, and tradition dictates that he and Casey get to eat the pastry. (I've noticed that I've lost weight the dogs have put some on. Not a coincidence, I think.)

He waited somewhat patiently, quivering in anticipation. As soon as I was done I divided the pastry between the two of them. Once it was fully distributed I thought they would go away, but Quinn still sat there insisting that I give him some more.

"Quinn, I can't give you anything else. There's nothing left. We ate it all."

Hubby was watching everything and laughing at me, because there is nothing more persuasive than our dogs when they're begging for food. It's really really bad if you have no food to give them.

"It's the Round Table Dilemma," he told me jokingly.

"What do you mean?" At this point I was really confused.

"It's all gone, Quinn."


::pause::

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we need to isolate the pun genome and eliminate it from future generations.

7 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, February 06, 2007, Blogger Lynnster said...

Ha! I love it!

(And he is a GORGEOUS pooch!)

 
At 6:54 AM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn damn..I'm actually by myself and honest-to-God laughing out loud.

I guess I need help...

bravo, Tim!

 
At 7:29 AM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a The Boyfriend joke if I've ever heard one. He and Tim should hang out.

 
At 9:30 AM, February 06, 2007, Blogger grandefille said...

Ah. The Curse of the Literary Spouse.

You can just always give him that Dorothy Parker "I Can Kill You with a Pencil" stare over the top of your glasses.

Kiss those pups!

 
At 9:59 AM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look that up. I'm a dork.

 
At 10:01 AM, February 06, 2007, Blogger saraclark said...

ba dum chah!

with a flourish and a finger twirl

 
At 9:12 PM, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

And yes, SUCH a gorgeous pup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home