14 February, 2007

Love

I'm somewhat out of practice, not having written anything for several days,and I still don't feel much like writing. But it's really important to me that I take just a few minutes to say something about all of the love I've been very fortunate to experience. When I look at my life and the ways I continue to screw it up I'm always amazed that there are people and animals who have loved and continue to love me.

I know that you're supposed to give love in order to receive love. I never feel that the love I've given is equal to the love I've received. I'm so blessed to be loved.

Things for me are hard right now. I have this raw and aching feeling of battling tides and winds without end. My body is tired. My soul is tireder. It's only the love I have for others and from others that keeps me going at times like this. Such love is not a trivial thing.

There's no way to sum it up with hearts and candy.

7 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Elena said...

Kat,

Be blessed today!

A quote from the movie Facing the Giants (a clip was shown in dept meeting today): "God will send the rain when He's ready. Your job is to prepare your field to receive it." And you and your dear hubby are doing just that! Chin up, and keep at it, girl!!

"Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think—according to the power that works in you—to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen" (Ephesians 3:20-21, HCSB).

Keep believing that God will send the rain to water those dry places in your lives. And may you find opportunity today to pour out on others the blessing of love you've already been given.

=o]

 
At 11:12 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Kat,
I first want to say that I want to be you when I grow up. If I ever get to the point where I can express myself as well as you, saying so much with so few words, well, then I'll know I done somethin'.

As for now, I truly believe that "weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning." He will turn your sorrow into dance. I don't hope this; I KNOW this.

If you need ANYTHING, from help finding better medical care, to help with the dishes so y'all can rest - shoot me an email.

Hang in there.

 
At 11:51 AM, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could say or do something that would make it all right. I know I can't, but please know that the desire is there.

Happy Valentines Day to you and your very lucky husband.

 
At 2:15 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Malia said...

Don't know what to say really. I feel for you, and I just wanted you to know you are being thought about and prayed for.

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 3:51 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I hope you feel better, Ms. Coble.

 
At 7:55 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Kathy T. said...

You are loved by so many people. I hope you know this.

 
At 9:08 PM, May 09, 2023, Anonymous Muffin Recipes said...

Lovely blog youu have

 

Post a Comment

<< Home